Monday, March 12, 2012

Taste Combos

My first post was a midnight ramble, but had some nice thoughts. Now let's talk recipes.

We have a lot of jam on hand, much of it gifted by friends. It's good stuff. In an effort to use some existing ingredients, I did a take on the Monte Cristo sandwich by layering jam, swiss and thin ham on multi-grain bread, grilled, with tomato basil bisque soup. Tasty and simple.

I eat a lot of fruits and a mix of raw vegetables for lunch, and found that cucumber sections are a nice departure from broccoli in the mix. I have a bit of cream cheese on hand, so I think there's a cucumber sandwich in my future. Very English.

I made chile verde on Saturday using boneless pork roast, $5 at Grocery Outlet, cubed and browned with garlic and onion, then simmered with ~8 oz of leftover green sauce on hand, a fresh chopped Pasilla pepper, 75 cents with tortillas, homemade guacamole and refritos. Nice.

Tomorrow is Patti's middle-eastern feast after I return from a meeting at Allen Temple Baptist Church in east Oakland. I can already taste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment